Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Southern Utah Basket Brigade

This is an extraordinary event that I feel SO blessed to be a part of! The more I get involved (I'm the organizer of a charity garage sale this Saturday, November 13th) the more & more excited I get about providing this amazing service to some of the families in need in our community!

This event is so unique, given that it focuses on Thanksgiving rather than Christmas during 'the holidays'. I missed out last year when my family participated in a much larger scale event in Las Vegas, NV. I've been jealous hearing them rave about it all year long & watching their excitement for this event build as we get closer to the day of the event (because they've already experienced the wonder of it!). :)

Things like this are the wonderful direction that Dani's life is heading! :) I am so fortunate to be in the position I'm in (yes you read those words correctly)!! While I don't have the income currently that I want in order to pursue my preferred lifestyle I am SO grateful NOT to be tied down by a lifestyle that demands that I work full time, manage extensive amounts of bills, etc.

I LOVE that I am free to donate my time to events like this one, or attending UPW on the drop of a dime (not sure if I mentioned this previously but EVERYTHING for getting me to NYC came together in 24 HOURS!), being able to take time taking care of my mom who has been struggling with some health issues, spending time with Gavin, being absolutely certain that I am available to just do 'the next right thing'.

Nothing compares to the amazing amounts of inspiration I have/continue to receive, how wonderful total freedom to be at the service of others feels - knowing with absolute certainty that this will provide a better life for me than ANYTHING I could be doing for myself!! I am soaking up how OUTSTANDING what I am contributing to the world feels. Its such simple little things, for the most part, not a lot of time, not a lot of hard work or expertise - it's just me being available to the direction I receive & being able to 'give back' to the Lord, my family, the community & the world just as they have so selflessly given to me. Oh this beautiful thing, service, how it makes the world go round. I'm SO grateful to be free to do as much of it as I am! There DEFINITELY must be a service orientation to what I settle into once I do get a job or start down a career path, otherwise I think I'll just have to retire now & become a full time volunteer! LOL

**If you are able to volunteer, contribute to the garage sale, donate for the purchase of the basket materials visit www.utahbasketbrigade.com for more information. You are also MORE than welcome to email me with any questions you have, or just to say HI! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment