Sunday, November 7, 2010

Interesting Perspective - A New One! :)

My Mom posted an interesting status on FB today about music, something that she taught me. You might have caught onto this already; she noted in her post how music speaks her heart...something along those lines. Many times I have reiterated those exact sentiments, especially since being 'plugged in' almost non-stop since jail.

Well just now something VERY curious happened. One of my FAVORITE songs (its a long list...this one really comes close to the top based on a video I saw & have shared continuously though) came on my IPod & for the FIRST time I looked at it in a new light, a new perspective - one that brought me IMMENSE JOY that I couldn't help sharing. * I'll note that this has been happening a LOT in the last little while!! This song, Lifehouse 'Everything' (lyrics) has always been a song has had a couple meanings to me since I first heard it. Initially it was about my husband/love of my life, then I saw the video & it became a song about my Savior, obviously.

Well tonight as I listened to this song I realized that this song is about ME! NEVER BEFORE HAVE I FELT COMPLETE & TOTAL ACCEPTANCE FOR MYSELF! How I have failed to credit myself in my life is unbelievable to me! Don't get me wrong, there is a HUGE place in my world for God, for my Savior, though my beliefs are still in their infancy & continue to grow.

I've never loved myself this way though & it feels amazing to be in awe of myself like this. I'd like to tell myself to balance, to be careful not to get carried away, but NAY! There is no way I want to diminish ANY part of this passion I have for the beautiful & powerful woman I am. I'll count on those around me who love me to keep this in check if the time comes that it's needed, for now I'm just going to bask in this like a warm fire would feel to someone who has been in Arctic for the last 15 years or so! :o) Oh, what I would have given to always feel this way! The gratitude I feel for myself & those who blessed my life to help me get to this point takes my breath away!


1 comment: